Internship and Volunteer Opportunities Are Available at the RKCAA!
- Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your skills?
- Are you a student looking for relevant community hours or field placement prospects?
- Do you yearn to make your community a better place for us all?
- Have you thought that you have the energy and the insight to address this community’s needs?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the questions above, you may be able to join the RKCAA team as a volunteer or an unpaid intern.
RKCAA has opportunities available for individuals with varied interests and availability.
Students in the human services, social services, project manager or related fields of study can apply for 1 or 2 semester placements. These internships are unpaid however, depending upon your school, may satisfy field placement/community hours requirements.
Activities that may be offered to the intern include:
- Training as a Certified Application Counselor where you will work alongside a Healthcare Navigator assisting with health insurance questions and enrollment activities during the Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment periods
- Planning enrollment events, providing enrollment sites with flyers, distributing flyers and brochures to community agencies
- Organizing and directing consumers at sites during enrollment events
- Preparing consumer packets of information
- Participating in the Healthy Birth Outcomes Collaborative and related activities
In addition, the intern will become acquainted with many of the community services available that address poverty, hunger and health and will network with some of the professionals in this community through day-to-day work and committee attendance.
- Volunteers will also have the opportunity to receive training as a Certified Application Counselor and assist Navigator during Open Enrollment.
- Students or individuals interested in community event planning, implementation, and evaluation can apply to volunteer for Baby Expo 2016. This position will entail development, tracking, planning, and execution of outreach opportunities including tabling for the event. In addition, volunteer(s) will be involved in day of event activities that include gathering community feedback, monitoring flow of traffic, and other logistics.
Please note that some activities require a background check and valid Wisconsin Driver’s License. Although not a requirement, bilingual (Spanish) skills are a plus.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d be happy to have you join our team. Please submit the form on the side of this page or call the RKCAA Central Office (262-637-8377) and ask for Gary Cotton, Human Resources Director.