“I would like to thank your Agency and your subcontractors for the most appreciated and wonderful work that was done to my home. There has been a remarkable change in my utility bills for the month of September.”
The Weatherization Assistance Program through Racine Kenosha Community Action Agency provides services to low and moderate income homeowners & renters in the Racine & Kenosha County area. These services could possibly consist of attic and sidewall insulation, crawl space and foundation insulation, heating system repair or replacement, refrigerator upgrade, installation of exhaust fans and roof venting, and light bulb replacement with Energy Star products. Services are provided to Racine & Kenosha County residents, owners and renters, year-round.
The goal of the Weatherization Assistance Program is to reduce costs for eligible low-income households by improving the energy efficiency in their homes while ensuring their health and safety.
1800 21st Street
Racine, WI 53403
- Attic Insulation
- Side Wall Insulation
- Furnace repair or replacement
- Water Heater replacement
- Refrigerator/Freezer replacement
- Installation of weather strips and door sweeps on exterior doors.
- Broken glass and window repair.
- Installation of aerator on kitchen/bathroom faucets.
- Installation of energy efficient LED light bulbs.
- Installation of hard pipe for dryer venting.
NOTE: An Energy Audit will be completed to determine what measures will be provided to your home.
- The customer refuses work items that cause the proposed cumulative Savings to Investment Ratio (SIR) to drop below 1.0.
- A repair or health and safety measure cause the proposed cumulative SIR to drop below 1.0.
- The building condition or occupants presents a serious crew or subcontractor safety concern.
- There are no energy conservation measures to complete and/or the cumulative SIR is less than 1.0.
- There are changes to household eligibility status.
- The building is listed for sale, in foreclosure proceedings or is foreclosed.
- The home contains vermiculite.
- Clutter/restricted access to work areas.
- Sewage/animal feces.
- Lead Paint hazard.
- Chemical or Combustion hazard.
- Remodeling and/or repair.
The Weatherization Program provides services to Racine and Kenosha County residents. Customers who qualify for The Energy Assistance Program are eligible for the Weatherization Assistance Program. The annual average energy cost savings per home is $350.00.
October 30th is National Weatherization Day. RKCAA holds its annual Weatherization Day Event to showcase the weatherization measures.
Home Energy Plus Furnace Program
The Home Energy Plus Assistance Program is a year-round program that assists eligible low-income Wisconsin households when their primary heating system (furnace or boiler) no longer provides heat, is inoperable, or becomes unsafe.
Emergency Furnace Referral
Service is available October 1st-May 15th. Customers must call the Energy Assistance Program when they have a no heat situation.
Service is available October 1st – September 30th. The determination to repair or replace is made by the RKCAA’s Weatherization Assistance Program.
Non-Emergency Furnace Referral
Service is available May 16th – September 30th. Customers must call Energy Assistance when they have an inoperable or unsafe heating unit.